Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Not just for kids anymore

The Texas heat is really starting to get to me this year.
I'm not sure why it hasn't really felt that way before, but this year it seems as though it's just too hot to do much of anything outdoors.

With our a/c being on the fritz, it has been quite heated here recently (besides the normal heat that is generated in the master bedroom. ;-) hehe).
We are having some guys come out soon to clean out the air ducts, so we are hoping that will fix the problem.
In the last week, I have had the thermostat set on 62 degrees, and the reading in the house is a smoldering 86 degrees.
I'm sure that the skylights that we have in the home (4 of them) do not help with keeping the house cool, and we are working on a solution for that as well.

So.. what's a woman to do to keep her and her family cool??
A woman who is still a kid at heart, immediately thinks... SNO CONES!!!



Ohhh.. The icy coldness of Sno Cones!!

I was lucky enough to be able to find a sno cone maker along with a huge variety of flavors to choose from. We walked out of there with 1 Sno Cone maker, and 9 different flavors to mix and match to our heart's content.
I wasn't sure who was more ecstactic.. me or the kids. LOL!

I hadn't had a sno cone in years! I felt like a kid again, just watching the finely shaved ice shooting out of the machine. Then.. I had to make a decision on the flavor I would top my icy mountain of deliciousness.
Hmm.. Choices, choices.
I finally came to the decision of 3 flavors. Watermelon, Cotton Candy, and Strawberry Banana. Yumm!

Since purchasing, we have had at least 1 sno cone a day and have been loving every moment of it.
It's amazing how one small little treat can cool you off quicker than an early ice storm in mid January, plus.. with the added bonus of taking years off of you to boot!

So here's to the wonderful summertime treats that turn back the hands of time to your childhood days!

Wishing you all cool environments in this summer heat!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from people who stop by my little space of the blogging world!
I will reply back to your comment as soon as I get a chance.
Thanks again for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails