Monday, June 14, 2010

Thanks for the curse!

Wow.. this Texas heat is in full force today, and normally it's quite easy to hide away from it, but not today!

I was chatting with a friend on IM earlier today, and she was telling me how her A/C went out yesterday and I felt so horribly bad for her.
Hell.. the temp for the last week or so has still been in the high 90's at 8pm!
Well, she and the kiddos had been spending most of the day outside to get a little relief from the heat inside the house and had been splashing around in the pool to stay cool. A pool is almost a must have here in Texas as it's just too hot to be outside for most of the day.

I felt really bad for her, but at the same time I was very glad that I was comfy inside our cool home.
Well.. she must have put a curse one me! LOL!

About an hour ago, I started to feeling a bit warm but figured since we have so many sky lights in our home, it just may be getting hotter outside and thought that we really need to get some sort of something to cover those sky lights because our home is just not keeping cool as it should.
Well.. I go upstairs to check the thermostat to see if the kids have messed with the temperature, and the thermostat is reading 85 degrees!! WTF?!
I check and the a/c is still set on 73, so something must be wrong!

I go to one of the air vents and stick my hand in front of it, and it's blowing pretty good, but the air isn't really cool. Just GREAT!!!!
So, I guess our air is either going out, or is gone!
Woohoo.. just another thing to add to list of things that need to be fixed in this house.
Of course, this particular item will be prioritized and moved to the top of the list, because there is no way we could make due without an a/c.

So, if you are new to Texas.. I say welcome to the heat that is just a few degrees below hell itself!

Off to take a cold shower! Stay cool y'all!
Spring Weather


Updated: Jun 14, 2010, 4:05pm CDT


Spring Weather Forecast and Conditions:
Right Now -
Partly Cloudy
92° F
Feels Like: 103° F
Wind: From SE at 12mph

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from people who stop by my little space of the blogging world!
I will reply back to your comment as soon as I get a chance.
Thanks again for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails